Bromley’s best-performing secondary schools based on Progress 8 scores have been revealed.
Information is based on The Department for Education (DfE) published list from 2019, as last year’s results were put on hold due to coronavirus.
Schools obtain a score which is based upon how much progress pupils made between the end of key stage 2 and the end of key stage 4, compared to pupils across England who got similar results at the end of key stage 2.
The schools have been categorised by their Progress 8 score, which measures results in up to eight qualifications, including English, maths, three sciences, computer science, history, geography and languages, and three other qualifications.
Schools are then given a score above or below zero – scores above zero meaning pupils made more progress, on average, than pupils across England who got similar results at the end of primary school (key stage 2). Scores below zero mean schools made less progress.
St Olave’s and St Saviour’s Grammar School in Orpington was the highest achieving school in Bromley.
It scored 0.86 which is well above average.
Government-labelled ‘special’ schools have been omitted from this ranking.
Below is a list of the top 13 secondary schools in Bromley with the highest Progress 8 scores:
The below scores range between well-above average, above average and average.
1. St Olave’s and St Saviour’s Grammar School ( 0.86)
2. Langley Park School for Girls ( 0.83)
3. Newstead Wood School (0.82)
4. Harris Girls Academy Bromley ( 0.72)
5. Bullers Wood School ( 0.61)
6. Hayes School (0.19)
7. Harris Academy Beckenham ( 0.16)
8. Ravens Wood School ( 0.08)
9. Chislehurst School for Girls ( 0.07)
10. Darrick Wood School (-0.01)
11. Harris Academy Orpington ( -0.05)
12. Bishop Justus CofE School ( -0.09 )
13. Langley Park School for Boys ( -0.16 )