New figures show 15 people sadly died of coronavirus in London last week.
Data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) shows two people sadly died of Covid-19 in both Ealing and Hackney.
Deaths also occurred in Barnet, Bromley, Enfield, Harrow, Havering, Hounslow, Islington, Newham, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark and Wandsworth. That means in 19 boroughs no deaths were recorded.
Figures show 12 of the deaths occurred in hospitals, two occurred in hospices and one occurred at a care home.
For more news and features about London directly to your inbox sign up to our newsletter here.
To compare, in the previous week 15 people died of coronavirus in the capital.
In the week before that – known as ‘week 28’ by ONS – 18 people died of Covid-19 in London.
In the past four weeks, deaths in the capital in a single week have dropped from 22 to 18 to 15 two weeks running.
The number of people dying from the disease has decreased dramatically since the height of the outbreak, when more than 200 were dying every day in London hospitals.
In London, 6,896 people have confirmed to have died of coronavirus, although that number is thought to be much higher due to previous testing limitations.
As of Thursday night (August 6), 35,971 people have tested positive for Covid-19 in London, according to figures published by Public Health England.
Where in London coronavirus deaths occurred last week
- Barking and Dagenham – 0 deaths
- Barnet – 1 death at hospital
- Bexley – 0 deaths
- Brent – 0 deaths
- Bromley – 1 death at hospice
- Camden – 0 deaths
- City of London – 0 deaths
- Croydon – 0 deaths
- Ealing – 2 deaths at hospitals
- Enfield – 1 death at hospital
- Greenwich – 0 deaths
- Hackney – 2 deaths at hospitals
- Hammersmith and Fulham – 0 deaths
- Haringey – 0 deaths
- Harrow – 1 death at hospital
- Havering – 1 death at hospital
- Hillingdon – 0 deaths
- Hounslow – 1 death at hospital
- Islington – 1 death at hospital
- Kensington and Chelsea – 0 deaths
- Kingston upon Thames – 0 deaths
- Lambeth – 0 deaths
- Lewisham – 0 deaths
- Merton – 0 deaths
- Newham – 1 death at hospital
- Redbridge – 0 deaths
- Richmond upon Thames – 1 death at hospital
- Southwark – 1 death at hospital
- Sutton – 0 deaths
- Tower Hamlets – 0 deaths
- Waltham Forest – 0 deaths
- Wandsworth – 1 death at hospital
Westminster – 0 deaths
To check the latest coronavirus cases in your area, enter your postcode to our handy widget here:
For the most up to date coronavirus advice and figures, click here.
Have you been affected by coronavirus in your part of London? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org